In a scene that sounds more likely out of Grand Theft Auto, the former CEO of American brewing giant Anheuser-Busch reportedly got himself arrested by Illinois state police after allegedly attempting to fly a helicopter in an intoxicated state of being. 

The incident, which took place yesterday in Swansea, involved 53-year-old August Adolphus Busch IV, former CEO of and the last Busch family member to control Anheuser-Busch firm before a hostile takeover by Brazillian brewing firm InBev back in 2008. Anheuser-Busch is renowned for producing and selling notable beer brands such as Budweiser, Hoegaarden, Stella Artois and Leffe amongst others. 

The incident was covered extensively by Fox2Now which you can view in the video below:

The incident began when Busch first land his helicopter in a public parking lot around midday. His rather rapid approach and the apparent presence of obstacles around the landing area caused grave concern amongst eyewitnesses on scene. 

Eyewitness added that Busch returned to his helicopter later in the evening in a rather intoxicated state, prompting them call the authorities. Busch had already started the helicopter's engines with the rotors spinning at full speed before he was asked to step out by responding police officers. 

Despite Busch's 0.000 breathalyser test results, he failed a series of sobriety testes administered by said responding officers. They added that the former brewing firm boss has trouble maintaining his thought train while his speeched were , mumbled and slurred. 

[caption id="attachment_17433" align="aligncenter" width="620"]Busch (left) tried to fly his helicopter whilst intoxicated (image source: 

Busch (left) tried to fly his helicopter whilst intoxicated (image source:[/caption] 

The incident then took on a dramatic turn when police recovered a loaded handgun and prescription drugs that Busch was carrying. At this point, Busch then told officers that he was about to have a panic attack and began jumping and running sprints, claiming that he needed more oxygen to deal with the attack.

After being whisked away, local police then began searching the helicopter where they found three more loaded handguns plus copious amounts of prescription drugs, much of the latter actually prescribed for Busch's wife in fact. Furthermore, this isn't Busch's first brush with the law as his rapsheet suggests. 

Busch was arrested and taken to a hospital for further drug testing, and was released from custody around noon the next day. No charges have been filed against him yet, but the police have turned the case over to the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). 

(Main image: Fox2Now)