Don’t like drinking whisky? No problem. Think out of the box - this form of hard alcohol, which is usually considered as a part of late night parties and possibly toxic for your liver, can do wonders for your skin and hair!
Sounds surprising but it’s true. Whiskey, largely criticised for giving the worst hangovers possible, has myriad beauty-related benefits, working well particularly in the case of an oily skin. The reason being that whiskey is a grain-based alcohol, mostly containing barley, wheat or corn as the main component. No doubt, fruits containing Vitamin C (especially citrus fruits) have been proven, since ages, to improve on both skin and hair quality. Also, fruit and nut-based alcohols such as grappa and almond champagne respectively can be applied to both skin and hair to provide the beauty benefits of grapes and almonds.
However, making whiskey a useful part of your beauty routine isn’t a big deal either! The only thing you may need to buy is whiskey, and everything else to be mixed with it will be available in your house already. If not, these natural ingredients are easy to get from outside. Depending on the individual ingredients, such whiskey-based mixtures can be used as face packs to nourish the skin on your face, and as hair masks for quicker hair re-growth and improved hair quality.
Here are 5 benefits of whiskey (mixed with natural ingredients) for skin and hair no one told you about:
1. A Blessing in Disguise for Oily Skin - While a whiskey hangover makes dehydration one of the most difficult things to cope with, this alcoholic beverage provides multiple benefits to the oily skin. When it comes to skincare, the antiseptic properties of whiskey control excess oil on the skin and help prevent pimples and acne. In fact, whiskey can even fight the existing acne and soothe any kind of inflammation on the skin by removing the bacteria and dirt. You could get these benefits by simply cleansing your face with a few drops (a half tablespoon) of lemon juice mixed in two teaspoons of whiskey. Say hello to a flawless skin!
2. Anti-Aging Superpowers - The dehydrating properties of whiskey help tighten your skin pores. Use it as a face pack - two teaspoons of whiskey mixed with one egg white and a tablespoon of milk powder. Leave it for a while and then wash off with cold water. Milk powder helps thicken the mixture, while the powerful combination of whiskey and eggs reduces pores, prevents lines, thus giving you a radiant, younger-looking skin.
3. Makes you look as fresh as a Daisy - With two teaspoons of milk and half a tablespoon of honey added to a tablespoon of whisky, you can get rid of the dead skin cells off your face and feel extremely rejuvenated. Furthermore, this mixture brings an even tone to your skin. All that you need to do is gently massage the mixture on your face for about 10 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
4. Excellent conditioning for the hair - Whiskey can be used as a conditioning mask for the hair to give you healthier and shinier hair. Simply mix an egg into whiskey and use it all over your hair. Wash and condition as usual, after 15 minutes. You can easily store your wine and whiskey products in newly designed cabinet humidor.
5. Quicker hair re-growth - A simple mixture of warm olive oil, one egg yolk and one teaspoon of whiskey can promote quicker hair regrowth. This whiskey-based hair mask works well even on an absolutely bald head! After spreading the mask completely over the head, put plastic wrap and a scarf over it. Leave on for forty minutes to one hour. Then wash off. You can do this beauty treatment as often as you like!
So the next time you experience pains in the liver area due to excessive drinking, give up drinking and start using your favorite drink for the health of your hair and skin. What’s more, all the natural ingredients required to be mixed with whiskey are so easily available that you don’t need to think twice about including whiskey in your beauty regime.
She is a blogger who loves to write especially in Beverages vertical. She co-authored Supercharge Organic Traffic: A popular course focusing on Organic Traffic for Ecommerce.. Her hobbies are travelling and reading novels.